RFC is a tax I.D. number for Mexico. The letters stand for Registro Federal de Contribuyentes. The MexicanTax Administration Service assigns a unique number for each person.
Take for example the following RFC: VECJ880326 XXX where:
- VE is the first letter of the father’s last name plus the first internal vowel of the father’s last name.
- C is the initial of the maternal surname.
- J is the initial of the first name.
- 88 are the last two digits of the year of birth.
- 03 is the month of birth.
- 26 the day of the month you were born
- The last XXX is a number provided by the SAT